Mercom Communications India, a subsidiary of global clean energy communications and consulting firm Mercom Capital Group, has released the India Solar Market Leaderboard 1H 2019. The report covers market shares and shipment rankings across the Indian solar supply chain during the first half (1H) of calendar year (CY) 2019.

In 1H 2019, India installed 3.2 GW of solar power across the country. While installations were down 35% year-over-year, India was still third largest solar market in the world behind China and the United States.

“The India solar market leaderboard has a completely new set of market leaders in almost every category in the first half of 2019. The market is extremely dynamic with a lot of fluctuations and no clear standouts, with opportunity for new leaders to emerge” said Raj Prabhu, CEO of Mercom Capital Group.

According to the report, the top 10 large-scale developers accounted for 84% market share in 1H 2019, while all others made up the remaining 16%.

Azure Power was the top utility-scale developer as well as the top rooftop solar installer during 1H 2019. Adani is the largest project developer in terms of cumulative solar installations as of June 2019.

Five companies had a cumulative project development pipeline of over 1.5 GW apiece at the end of June 2019. ACME Solar had the largest project pipeline as of June 2019.

Rooftop solar installations accounted for 17% of total solar installations in the first half of 2019 a decline of 45% compared to 1H 2018. Cumulative rooftop installations totaled nearly 3,816 MW as of June 2019.

In 1H 2019, the top 10 rooftop solar installers represented 41% of the market share, leaving all other rooftop developers with 59%. Tata Power Solar had the largest cumulative rooftop portfolio, and Azure Power emerged as the top rooftop solar installer in 1H 2019.

TMEIC was the leading solar inverter supplier in India in 1H 2019. Top string inverter suppliers included Huawei, Sungrow, Growatt, Solis Inverters, Delta Power Solutions, SMA Solar, and Fronius. TMEIC, Sungrow, ABB, TBEA, and Sineng Electric were the top central inverter suppliers.

In 1H 2019, the top ten module suppliers accounted for over 60% of the market. Trina Solar was the leading module supplier to India in terms of cumulative shipments and in 1H 2019.

The top supplier of solar mounting structures in 1H 2019 was Ganges Internationale followed by Purshotam Profiles and Strolar.

Scorpius Trackers was the top supplier of solar trackers in 1H 2019. Rays Power Experts and CleanMax Solar were the top open access developers in 1H 2019.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post
Like this content? Sign up for our daily newsletter to get latest updates.