In a recent piece of good news coming for the Indian startup industry, 20 lucky startups across India have been selected for assistance to set up their businesses in London, United Kingdom. The startups have been selected as a part of the India Emerging Twenty (IE20) programme, created by London & Partners and launched by the Mayor of London.
The 20 startups who have made the cut have been selected from a pool of whopping 345 applications received across the Indian subcontinent. The winners will now get an opportunity to go to London during London Tech Week scheduled to happen this month as a part of a unique programme that will help their business develop its potential as a global organisation.
The IE20 programme, which is being supported by global tax, accounting and advisory network BDO aspires to discover 20 of India’s most innovative and high-growth companies with global aspirations. Started in 2016, the programme nurtures startups across various sectors such as technology, media, telecom, life sciences, financial and business services sectors, in order to help them grow their international business presence through London.
The IE20 programme has managed to garner immense popularity in such a short duration of time as the number of applicants in the second edition significantly increased from the 200 applications received last year.
While selecting the startups, the programme focuses on companies set up after the year 2000. All the applications received get a fair chance as they are reviewed and evaluated by a third party research partner. The 50 shortlisted companies are then invited to present their company in front of a judging panel of senior industry figures and international experts. This 50 number is then reduced to 20 startups and the programme gets its final 20 winners. In fact, in a mark of achievement, two of the companies selected in last year’s edition have already set up their offices in London – LatentView Analytics and Curadev Pharma, and have created jobs for about 100 people.
London’s interest in Indian business is not all of a sudden. In it is interesting to note that recent reports have revealed that 11 per cent of London’s GDP last year was contributed by Asian businesses, of which India was the number one contributor. The country is said to be the third biggest investor in London, right behind the US at number one and China at number two. In fact, according to data collected, since the year 2005, there has been a whopping 125 per cent jump in India-based companies across all business sectors investing in London.
The 20 Indian Startups Selected To Setup Business in London Are:
1) 42Gears Mobility Systems: Founded in 2009, 42Gears Mobility Systems has a suite of products aimed at accelerating mobile solutions in businesses. Over 6100 companies in 105 countries around the world are currently making use of the company’s software products for secure and efficient deployment of mobile applications on wide variety of devices such as tablets, smartphones, rugged devices, laptops and smartwears.
2) Ad2pro Media: Founded in 2006, the startup provides graphic design solutions for advertising and marketing communications for companies around the world. It offers brand and marketing design, advertising and design production, and niche design services. The startup aspires to be the creative hub of the flat world.
3) AVR EdGE Networks: Founded in 2012, the startup combines the power of artificial intelligence and data science to infiltrate masses of complicated data, and provide its customers with sharp insights to optimise their talent management strategies.
4) Flutura Business Solutions: It is an IOT intelligence company that is powering new monetizable business models using machine signals in the Engineering and Energy Industry.
5) GOQii: GOQii is enabling people across the world to ‘be the force’ of change to a healthier life. It is a comprehensive digital health and wellness solution with an ecosystem facilitating a permanent shift to a healthier lifestyle.
6) i-exceed Technology Solutions: A technology products and services company. i-exceed is currently operating across two major business lines, viz. products (Appzillon) and services (BFSI consulting services, Mobile Consulting Services Performance Management and Oil & Gas Technology Services).
7) Intelligence Node: Starting its journey as a consulting service in 2012, the company has now evolved into technology-based products and service provider to global retail players. The company develop products using technology that will improve the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
8) Mettl Assessments>: It is an online assessment platform providing solutions to track and measure technical, aptitude and psychometric skills.
9) Msys Tech India: A technology consulting and services company with nearly a decade of expertise in various focus areas: Storage, Cloud Computing, Virtualization, Software Development, DevOps, Enterprise Apps, Embedded Systems, Testing, and Test Automation.
10) OnlineSales.ai: The startup aims to change the face of digital marketing in India. The startup claims that they’re completely ROI driven and spend their advertisers dollars cautiously and judiciously. It provides automation through intelligent technology and ensures that data driven decisions always trump hierarchies.
11) RxPrism Health System: A platform with healthcare-focused, Customer Engagement experts that provide customer-centric, digital solutions across multiple technology platforms, to help customers enhance their brand value and commercial success.
12) SigTuple Technologies: It is an AI startup in the healthcare space that provides analyses of medical images, scans and videos, which generates information and data to help diagnosis. The startup aims to exploit the great potential that AI offers to dramatically improve the speed, accuracy, and consistency of various medical screening processes.
13) SirionLabs: The startup offers technology based solutions to large enterprises to manage their outsourcing contracts.
14) Smartivity Labs: Claiming to be the pioneers of Augmented Reality activities for children and designers of the most unique, cool and world-class S.T.E.M. learning based educational D.I.Y. Toys for children between 3 to 14 years of age, Smartivity designs toys, engagement activities and playful learning tools that serve as the bridge between the physical and the digital worlds for children.
15) SMSCountry Networks: It is a leading provider of Bulk SMS solutions in a personalized and customized form, having direct connectivity with telecom operators. SMSCountry is a leading SMS gateway service provider, delivering to over 200 countries and 550 networks all around the world. Incorporated in the year 2003, the startup has its headquarters in Hyderabad (India) and its sales offices in UAE and Hong Kong.
16) Square Yards: The platform claims to be number one PAN India real estate investment advisory, offering a comprehensive, integrated menu of property and asset portfolio from Grade A developers across the globe.
17) Stellapps Technologies: India’s first of its kind end-to-end dairy technology solutions company, Stellapps has been founded by a group of IITians and technologists with a strong industry background and rich experience. Funded by Omnivore Capital – a fund anchored by Godrej Agrovet Limited and investment patrons include a large group of IIT alumni, Stellapps produces and procures comprehensive farm optimization and monitoring support, which helps dairy farmers and cooperatives maximize their profits while minimizing effort.
18) Thrillophilia: It is a one stop solution for tours, activities and things to do in Indian subcontinent. Thrillophilia is the biggest activity travel curator for India. They simplify activity travel for the user by providing organized activity options while planning and unique local experiences while travelling.
19) Transcell Biologics: A Biotech company focused towards developing innovative and transformative stem cell based approaches in advancing evidence based practice in disease management. The startup’s in-house stem cell repository programs bridge the gap between the research and emerging discoveries in clinical applications.
20) Zenatix Solutions: It is an energy data analytics company that provides energy management and analytics solutions. According to the startup, it is the leading provider of IoT based energy monitoring and controlling products that ensures energy consumption optimisation to the last watt.
Like this content? Sign up for our daily newsletter to get latest updates.