TLabs recently announced the launch of application for its 12th Batch- Fall’17 Consumer Program. The program will kick off on 10th of July and will focus only on B2C startups with an MVP and some traction. You can apply for TLabs Fall’17 Consumer Batch here.
TLabs invests 30L INR ($47k) for 8% equity in early stage startups and runs a 16 week intensive program supported by its vast mentor network and family of over 100 founders and many global partners.
TLabs has supported over 53 startups across Web/Mobile and across sectors in the last 5 years of operations, most of its companies have gone on to raise Seed and Series A. Many startups have become sustainable companies after graduating from TLabs, some names you may recognize are Inshorts, Happay, Dataweave, Gradeup, Greedygame, MintM, Pratilipi and Spoyl.
For Instance, Inshorts, started by 3 IIT students who dropped out of college to follow their passion about making news simple, was incubated at TLabs in 4th Batch 2014. Inshorts took shape to become one of country’s most utilized content delivery and distribution app which summarizes the news in 60 words.
● InShorts has more than 5 M downloads across platforms.
● 2 Billion shorts are read on the platform every month.
● Inshorts has raised subsequent rounds from Founders of Flipkart , Sachin and Binny Bansal and Series A/B by Tiger Global.
Similarly, GradeUp, a batch previous to that got incubated for building a platform for students to prepare for competitive exams. Today, it is the most vibrant community of students preparing for various exams like IBPS, SSC, CAT, JEE etc.
● GradeUp is the fastest growing EdTech startup in the country with about 2.5 M registered users growing 15% MoM
● The MAU accounts to be over 1M+ with users solving ~80 M questions every month.
● Over a million users answer queries every month
● The average time spent/user is around 150 per month making it one of the most engaged test-prep community in the country.
● GradeUp is operating in more than 30 exam categories including UPSC, SSC, Banking Exams, JEE, GATE & PSU, MBA, Teaching (CTET) and is planning to launch K8-K12 shortly
TLabs has the highest success rate amongst Indian incubators and accelerators with over 60% companies funded or acquired.
Abhishek Gupta, COO of TLabs said – These examples are just 2 of many that have benefitted from our philosophy of “Product-Consumer fit first”. TLabs is now like a mini ecosystem in itself, with over 100+ founders, 130+ mentors providing help with Product-Market fit, Growth, Strategy, UX etc. TLabs which is part of Times Internet reaches out to 200M monthly users giving us deep insight of internet consumers in India. We wanted to share this knowledge to create many winners, hence we decided to do a B2C only batch.