The India Innovation Growth Programme is a joint initiative by various partners to accelerate innovative Indian technologies into the global markets. The partners are the Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India; Lockheed Martin Corporation; Indo-US Science & Technology Forum, Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry; Stanford Graduate School of Business and the IC² Institute at the University of Texas. Commercialization agreements are inked by the winners of the DST-Lockheed Martin India Innovation Growth Programme every year that aims at getting new technology from the laboratory to the marketplace.
This year, 45 national and international business agreements announced at the Bengaluru Technology Expo under ‘DST-Lockheed Martin India Innovation Programme’. On the occasion, the winners of the India Innovation Growth Programme (IIGP) also showcased their technologies. Priyank Kharge, Minister of IT, BT and Science and Technology, Government of Karnataka, who has inaugurated the Expo, said in his keynote address, “Bengaluru remains the number-one innovation eco-system in India.” He praised IIGP for its contribution in strengthening the innovation ecosystem and stressed the requirement for more such initiatives. He added, “Development was not just about an idea, but making ideas and innovation happens.” During the expo, a number of winners of the India Innovation Growth Programme showcased their technologies.
The innovations’ award winners name list includes:
- Vikram Goel, Incredible Devices ( Catheter Reprocessing System)
He has developed an innovative computer aided catheter reprocessing machine which provides quality assurance with less human errors. It also lessens treatment cost minimum 50 per cent.
- Krishna Ravi, Reckon Green Innovations Pvt Ltd (LED Tube Light with Lamp-integrated Detachable Driver)
He has invented a detachable driver that develops life of the tube light to match with LEDs by 3 times with self-serviceability.
- Arpit Dhupar, Chakr Innovations, (Chakr)
Chakr is a device which can be coupled easily to the exhaust of diesel engines to capture the soot coming out of it.
- Arunkumar Gandlur, Lablinks Biotech Pvt.Ltd, (cell culture technology)
The developed innovation is an agitated cell culture technology that uses disposable plastic bags to simplify the culturing of a variety of cells viz, bacterial, fungal, insect or animal cells.
- Manish Kumar Sharma, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur (Real-time fog removal from videos in application to safety and surveillance)
Manish Kumar’s innovation provides a solution to fog that degrade the quality of scene. Users can interpret the scene more clearly with the use this technology.
- Sameer Panda, TycheeJuno’s BPPC technology (Burst Preventive Puncture Curative)
The invention is a multi-chambered tubeless tyre that has less chances of busting because of overheating.
- Gaurang Doongursee, Double Dee Technology Pvt ltd (Microwave sintering of ceramics)
This technology is a volumetric heating which is rapid, instantaneous and more efficient.
- Avik Kumar Pal, CliniOps, Inc. (Tablet based eSource/EDC for clinical trials)
CliniOps’s transforms the way CTs are conducted. It reduces the time & cost of data collection while simultaneously improving its quality.
- Gnanaraj Jesudian, SEESHA /KU and STAAN Biomedical Engineering Private Ltd (Easy fix medical stirrups)
The surgeons can manipulate the position during surgery by using this technology.
- Pankaj Kumar Chhatrala, JC OrthoHeal Private Limited (FlexiOH™)
This is a very light weight breathable and washable technology for fractured bones.
- Swati Tiwari, Arcturus Business Solutions LLP
It is a monitoring transmission lines using UAV, imagery sensors and data analytics.
- Gowrishankar, Padmaseetha Technologies Private Limited (mAPD)
It is a safe and affordable CAPD dialysis device that can be used anytime anywhere.
- Dr Abhay Shendye, Swasti Agro and Bioproducts Pvt Ltd, (BioAVert I)
This technology is building disease resistance & health-care system for crops.
- Vikram Salunke, Accurate Gauging & Instruments Pvt. Ltd (XT400)
It is a shop floor CMM with application of precision LM guides on high accuracy granite guides.
- Dr.John Abraham, Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, (Creating Wealth from waste)
It is a renewable bio-fuel production from chicken slaughter waste.
- Bhushan Namdeorao Kharbikar, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay Innovation
It is a prophylactic cold chain free vaccination technique by silk nanoparticle reinforced self-microneedle patches
- Suven Bhattacharjee, Med Invent Devices Pvt. Ltd.I
t is a thin device that has made Pupil Expansion easier for the surgeon, safer for the patient & possible in situations.
- Richa Mishra, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
She has developed a microfluidic system for controlled drug delivery. It is a ten times smaller microneedle than the insulin pump and painless.
- Vilas Chhikara, Jugparvesh Chhikara, SnPC Machine Pvt Ltd.
The developed innovation is a mobile Brick Making Machine (BMM) that can do a person’s whole day work within 4-5 minutes without any hassle and compromise in the quality of brick.
- Vaishali M. Kulkarni & Arjun Singh Bajwa, Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai
The team has developed microbial colorants which can be used for different purposes.
- Kausik Kapat, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
The developed technology helps in critical bone fracture healing. It is a simple low cost processing of titanium foam for skeletal tissue reunion.
- Sriramkumar VH, Watchy Technology (SpeedLink)
SpeedLink is a high speed internet portable system that can be used by merging multiple heterogeneous mobile networks.
- Dr Abi Santhosh Aprem, HLL Lifecare Ltd Innovation
It is a cervical spacer that can be used for reducing radiation dosage during brachytherapy treatment of critical organs.
- Subhasish Sircar, Health Vectors
It helps in transforming personal health management system through data analytics with an aim to eradicate chronic diseases.
- Satya Tapas, Centre for Cellular and Molecular Platforms
It is an automated portable microscope that can be used for malaria detection by scanning the blood smear with its autofocus feature.
- Lahari Sumanth Varma Indukuri, AST Industries
It is N+2level noise suppressor for using with turbojet engines.
- Gunjan Gupta, Tellmate Helper Private Limited (Tellmate)
It is a computer vision device in the form of glasses which will process in-front images of visually impaired person.
- Ulhas Kharul, Genrich Membrane Private Limited
It is an oxygen enrichment unit for medical application which is based on hollow fiber membrane technology.
- Nitin Saluja, Chitkara University Research and Innovation Network
His innovation is a smart sensor based E-weed control. It can also result in crop yield enhancement up to 37%, without any hazardous side effects.
- Nikhil Vijay Shende and S & I Engineering Solutions Pvt Ltd
He has developed high fidelity Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) simulation software.
The programme also enables Indian innovators to get connected to the global market. In the month of September 2016, 12 innovators were taken to Silicon Valley to offer the exposure of global innovation ecosystem and get on an accelerated commercialization path. Apart from the above mentioned innovations, several others too awarded under the IIGP viz.
[Top Image – Shutterstock]