A ‘Chatbot’ or ‘Messenger Bot’ is essentially a computer programme that simulates human conversation or chat through Artificial Intelligence (AI). It is extensively used in applications such as e-commerce, call centre and internet gaming.
The first and foremost emphasis in regard to the messenger bot should be the fact that it should connect people and bridge the contrasts of the society, effectively and essentially. One of the trending examples for the same is messenger processing is around 60 billion messages per day while global SMS volume was around 20 billion messages per day
At first few paid it much heed, but it launched one of the fastest-growing software markets ever. Since then over 100 billion apps have been downloaded, generating $40 billion in revenues for developers and billions more in subscriptions and other fees. (Source: The Economist). This shows the efficiency and effectiveness of the messenger bot technology.
Why bots are taking over the apps?
- The purpose of sending and receiving the API
- Enabling business to build automated systems
- Facilitating fast and direct connection with people
- Providing flexible templates that offer structural text and additional functionality
- Building of the chatbots in quite simple after the documentation analysis
- Chatting with the friends and companies can be facilitated within one interface
- Bots are very essential parameter in the banking sector, as their features are promising and essentially suitable to the needs of the proper commercialization in banking
- Moreover, they can bridge the gaps in the apps leading them to be self sufficient in competence to the apps as they are more user friendly and understand the requirements of the user because of the involvement of the artificial intelligence
- Bots are easier in the development aspect with respect to the messenger apps
- Furthermore, bots are naturally very appealing to the users compared to the apps, because, apps become monotonous after a period of time whereas, bots are very appealing to the users, naturally and aesthetically owing to the fact of their adjustment in conversation and communication according to the proximity of the user convenience.
- Moreover, the repeating procedure of downloading, installing and updating an app is being replaced by the direct process of inviting and conversing with a bot, which is fast and appreciable.
Limitations encountered by the chatbots in India:
Chatbots can become user friendly entity only when they can be the medium of effective communication. By the word effective, it is implied that the communication and the interaction should be convenient and compatible to the lifestyle of the user. Hence India is not at present, a highly encouraging market for the same owing to the diversified linguistic culture accepting the fact that the chatbots follow a mono or, at the most, a bilingual format.
Due to the huge dependence of Indian markets on the existing mode of information transfer and considering its size, chatbots are prone to encounter trivial problems to adapt itself in the market domain. On the other hand, with the leap taken by the chatbots in America and Europe, there would be an easy manufacture of the same, which in turn, would create a layer of confusion in the dense Indian consumer crowd, who will again again be overwhelmed with the cornucopia of services available and the way to get properly acquainted with them.
There are certain problems in the chatbots such as increasing their memory and making them multilingual, hence, sustainable to the needs of the masses but artificial intelligence and machine learning provides the solution to these problems, which in turn, can prove to be a boon in the future.
Case- study of Chatbots:
The above is the statistical piece of information of the monthly messenger app users, who can significantly prove to be the change makers with respect to the chatbots (Economist.com).
Future Prospects in India:
Messenger bots is a very active platform for tackling customer service issue moreover it is a blend of smart software with a light human touch.
The importance of messenger bots is the fact that the future of the customer service is making it easy for consumer to go through the medium they want, have an experience that respects time and have issues resolved quickly, without involving a human at all.
The messenger bots have already started proving to be the player of a huge deal for India, where cheap devices are accelerating the annual growth in smartphone adoption to a massive 36 percent each year for the next five years.
-With chatbots, India’s millions of app-averse, low-cost smartphone users have the opportunity to do new things right inside of their messaging apps. If done right, that means more people that aren’t limited by storage or monthly data issues – and bringing more people online
Increasing number of startups are trying to enter the market with an aim of getting established in the bot commerce such as Indore-based Zipi and Niki.AI, which was recently funded by Ratan Tata, — are two major chatbot based startups from India.
In spite of the bot arena still being in its nascent stage of development, there are very high chances of the business to get flourished in the times to come.
Gist of the analysis:
The basic concept of messenger bots is having an essential connectivity and virtual intermingling of varied backgrounds of people on a single platform effectively. Hence, it obviously carries a high chance of rocking the cradle is the times to come. With the blend of the pros and cons of the chatbots, it can essentially be quoted that in spite of the trivial hurdles in the Indian market, the ship of chatbots is prone to sail eventually. The waves of the outcome of messenger bots had already gushed with the dawn of the 21st century. And if the statistics and the need of their purpose is being observed, it can easily be predicted that the next big boom of social revolution has almost reached at its bay.
[Top Image – Chatbot]
Like this content? Sign up for our daily newsletter to get latest updates.