The recent times have seen the world going crazy for start-ups, and it seems to have influenced the Indian talent too. To be a part of this amazing change that the country is moving to, BITS Pilani K.K. Birla Goa campus announces Coalescence’16: Going Zero to One, the annual e-summit of the institution. The event will be held on the 4th and 5th of September. Coalescence’16 is targeted at being one of the best platforms for the start-up enthusiasts of the country to showcase their skills. It will leave no stone unturned to ensure that it comes out to be an enriching experience for the attendees. Some of the key events of this edition are:
ACT, the Conference
ACT is Coalescence’s flagship event, is all set to host a set of remarkable speakers to ensure that the right amount of inspiration flows from the leaders of today to the leaders of tomorrow. The conference is targeted at ensuring that every attendee gets the boost that is required to give a boost to his idea. This year, the conference will host eminent personalities like:
- Rajat Sharma: Chairman and Editor-in-Chief, India T.V.
- Sairee Chahal: Founder, CEO at Sheroes
- Danish Sait: Indian Radio Host, TV presenter, Actor and Writer
- Tushar Vashisht: Co-Founder and CEO of HealthifyMe
- Atul Kulkarni: Actor
- Radhakrishnan Pillai: Director, Chanakya Institute of Public Leadership, University of Mumbai
- Bhuvan Bam: Singer, Youtuber, known for B.B. ki Vines
Workshops at Coalescence are targeted at catering to the interests of all the attendees. With able mentors from well-known firms to guide them, the attendees get to learn various skills that are necessary for raising a successful start-up. This edition is all set to host three major workshops, namely
- Branding and Marketing
- How to build an app in less than 4 mins, in association with Thappad.in which is which is an online platform that is thought –provoking, opinion generating and positively democratic
- The art of Bootstrapping
Start-up expo is the first of its kind start-up exhibition that aims at providing a platform to start-ups to showcase their ideas in front of a large group of entrepreneurs and get them funded by the VCs and investors of big firms. The start-ups will get a 76 cmX244 cm banner for their company name. Coalescence will carry out a social media campaign for the company in order to ensure maximum publicity for the ideas of the concerned start-up. The company logo will be present in all the pamphlets and brochures of Expo, and on the festival newsletter that is given to the attendees. The participants will also be guaranteed front seats in ACT.
The participating startups in the expo are AthleticGo, CadShakes, Medifee, Nativefolks and Pawfect. Medifee is a team of doctors, medical professionals and technocrats, passionate about providing affordable and transparent healthcare to people.
The panel discussion will be a very interactive discussion with eminent personalities of the start-up ecosystem like Mr. Ajeet Khurana (Angel Investor), Mr. Nikhil Kamath (Co-Founder, Zerodha), Mr. Nitish Singh (CFO, Jugnoo) and Mr. Ashwin Srivastava (CEO, Iden Ventures). The theme for the discussion is going to be the “Start-up Bubble in India”. The panel will be discussing about the possible future of the start-ups in the country. It will surely be a great exchange of ideas among leaders of today and the leaders of tomorrow.
After sorting out 200+ entries, 25 selected teams will be pitching their business plans in front of investors. These 25 teams were provided mentorship from associations like Kae Capital, TiE Mumbai, Mica Incubator, 180DC and Indian Angel Network. The judge panel consists of professionals from Ide-in Ventures, Venture Studio, Forum Synergies , IBM Global Entrepreneur and 91Springboard.
Day 1: September 4, 2016
1) A workshop on Branding and Marketing- 11:00 A.M. to 12:30 P.M.
2) Keynote session with Mr. Rajat Sharma – 3:00 P.M. to 4 P.M.
3) A panel discussion of the start-up bubble in India- 4:00-5:00 P.M.
Day 2: September 5, 2016
1) A workshop on Building an App in 4 minutes – 10:00 to 11:30 A.M.
2) A workshop on The Art of Bootstrapping – 11:30 A.M. to 1:00 P.M.
3) ACT- The Conference- 2:00 P.M. onward
More info – www.coalescence.in.