Hyderabad based, eKincare, a healthcare tech start-up, today announced their selection into the first batch of InsurTech accelerator programme – a global fintech accelerator programme being conducted by Swiss Re, a leading wholesale provider of reinsurance, insurance and other insurance-based forms of risk transfer.
As part of the accelerator programme, eKincare will have access to the global expertise and insights from Swiss Re, mentors from the industry, and technical enablement to work on challenging global insurance problems. At the end of sixteen weeks, eKincare will present their learnings and achievements to Swiss Re’s global leadership, ecosystem partners and potential investors.
Voted among the World’s top 100 digital health companies by the prestigious journal of mHealth, eKincare is an end to end wellness platform that integrates medical records, healthcare services and leverages predictive analytics to design wellness initiatives & reduce healthcare costs.
Three technology themes identified for the programme include, Internet of things (home, industrial, health and motor), Systems of engagement (innovative distribution channels and models, digital assistants/ Robo advisors etc.) and Smart analytics (application of deep learning and machine learning across insurance value chain).
Kiran Kalakuntla, CEO, eKincare said, “It’s a proud moment for us at eKincare to have been chosen for the global accelerator programme by the prestigious, Swiss Re. This is a great platform for us to assess new ideas and solutions that addresses the global insurance challenges and enable us with technical capabilities to tackle the problem.”
“We are excited to welcome these innovative startups to our first ever global accelerator programme and are looking forward to engaging with them on innovative solutions for the insurance industry,” said Amit Kalra, Head of Strategic Initiatives, Swiss Re Bangalore.
The other 5 start-ups chosen for this program include:
- ai is a developer platform for Deep Learning that offers tools to build and customise neural networks, and also provides trainable modules and APIs,
- Datasigns is a risk platform that forges traditional & non-traditional data to facilitate financial services to those outside the formal system. It helps financial organisations access new and underserved market,
- GOQii, which provides one-on-one mobile coaching and wellness services that helps individuals make the shift to a healthier lifestyle.
- Touchkin which uses mobile-based social sensing to build a predictive care platform and enable proactive personalized care – bringing help to those who need it, from care experts or families, and
- ai is the first AI-fueled smart-purchasing assistant, with the aim to both revolutionise customer interaction and redefine the buying experience as a whole.