We all have always wondered what is it that makes these successful people who they are, and get where they are. We want to know the difference between people like Jeff Bezos, Jack Dorsey, Elon Musk and the rest of the entrepreneurs who never made it far enough for us to learn their name. Every entrepreneur has determination, killing instinct and the discipline that it takes to become successful but these people have something more, the chemical X that sets them apart from the crowd. We want to know about this chemical X.
- Jeff Bezos : We know Jeff Bezos as the man behind Amazon. He has a very famous “Two Pizza rule”. According to this rule, a team is too big if you can’t feed them with two pizzas. Bezos believes that smaller teams are the solution to communication problems. If a team is bigger than that its efficiency is reduced and the desired result will not be achieved.
- Elon Musk : Elon Musk the co- founder of big names like SpaceX Paypal and Tesla, has a very simple rule he lives by. It is work, work and then work some more. He claims to have crazy working hours, stretching to around even 80-100 hours a week. He is a firm believer in hard work. He says that even if you are doing the same thing as someone else if you put in more hours and do more work, you will increase your odds of success.
- Jack Dorsey : The founder of Twitter and Square keeps a very busy schedule but despite the long working hours and all the meetings there is still one thing he never misses. He always finds time to do some meditation and get some regular exercise. He recommends Six sets of 20 squats and push-ups every day along with a run for 3 miles. The exercise rejuvenates the brain and keeps the body healthy as well. He says this has helped him over the years.
- Mark Zuckerburg : The founder of Facebook, is always seen donning the same or similar type of clothes. He is always seen in his grey t-shirt or hoodie ,defying the phrase “Clothes makes the man”. He believes in the philosophy of minimizing decision making when it does not involve serving the community. And so rather than getting up in the morning and deciding what to wear, he just pulls out the same old grey t-shirt and heads off to work!
- Steve Jobs : The man who invented the iPod and changed the industry has a very popular saying “Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish”. But this is not what I am talking about today. He believes in giving himself pep talks in the morning. He would ask himself this question “If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?”. And if the answer was no, he knew that he needed to change something and do something different. He believes in making a dent in a universe and not just doing the same mundane thing day after day.