India has an internet user base of about 354 million as of June 2015 and according to Google India, there were 35 million online shoppers in India in 2014 Q1 and is expected to cross 100 million mark by end of year 2016. With many home grown as well as global e-commerce portals & mobile apps in India online shopping in India is expected to reach Rs 1,07,800 crores (US$24 billion) by the year 2015.
DesiDime, India’s largest online shopping community did a survey to find out how India likes to shop online.
Participating in the survey were 50,000+ users of DesiDime.com.Some of the questions asked were as under:
- How much in advance do you shop for Diwali?
- How much of this Spends will be Online vs Offline?
- Off the Online Spends, how much do you think it will be through Mobile Apps?
- Which are the Top 5 stores you would be shopping this Diwali?
- Which online website are you most comfortable when buying online.?
- What are the top 5 categories you are going to shop online?
- Which payment Method Do you use most often when buying online?
Below is the survey result in form of an infograph:
Like this content? Sign up for our daily newsletter to get latest updates.