Unitus Seed Fund which has just become a $20 million seed-stage investment fund and based in Bangalore and Seattle invests in startups serving large, underserved low-income populations in India. USF help startups “prepare for growth” via seed funding, strategic & operating support, providing critical connections, and securing growth capital.
Unitus Seed Fund’s has announced the launch of India Impact Acceleration Program intends to improve and accelerate the early-stage impact startup ecosystem across India with a three-part approach:
- Finding impact entrepreneurs from cities representing all of India by hiring “startup scouts” in 8 or more different cities to meet entrepreneurs and connect them with funding and incubation resources early in their development cycle.
- Partnering with up to five leading business incubators/accelerators to help create more venture-ready graduates of those incubators, enabling faster time-to-market and more scalability.
- Deploying Unitus’ growing Catapult Partner and Venture Advisor networks to help businesses thrive, achieving their aspirations for scale, impact, and profitability.
Sourcing Across India – Finding the best entrepreneurs
The majority of Unitus Seed Fund’s existing investments are from South India. USF are investing to grow its presence and relationships across multiple metros in India in order to find and support the best entrepreneurs wherever they are based!
In addition to USF team in Bangalore, USF is also hiring Startup Scouts in 8-10 cities in India in order to make more investments beyond South India. Startup Scouts will coordinate with USF’s ongoing India city roadshow as the connections with entrepreneurs, investors, and other startup ecosystem players in each city grows.
India Business Incubators – Preparing entrepreneurs to be venture capital-ready
USF stated on its website that very few business incubators and accelerators in India have produced startups that have received venture capital investment and USF in accordance with its India program, is looking to partner with up to five of India’s best incubator leaders to help them train more entrepreneurs to build plans that are attractive for venture capital investment.
- Incubator currently training entrepreneurs of whom at least a few per cohort are looking to serve low-income populations
- Companies operating in the sectors in which we focus
- A sincere desire for assistance to access global best-practices, improve curriculum and extend mentoring opportunities
Incubator in India which meets the criteria above, can get in touch with Unitus Seed Fund here.
Unitus Seed Fund is India’s most active seed-stage impact investor has a total of USD $20 million for its India-focused Micro VC fund.
The funds will be invested in early-stage startups operating in India in sectors including healthcare, education, agriculture, skill development/livelihoods, technology and basic necessities. Unitus Seed Fund has already announced 13 investments in India, mostly in south of India.
To get funded from Unitus Seed Fund, startup may go here