India is the number 2 market for Facebook after the US. A and thus a successful homegrown network could create stiff competition, that is why a Mumbai based web startup – Vebbler is a new promising personal + social network launched in beta that claims to have more meaningful conversations with different relationships in their lives without one aspect of their life spilling into another.
Today you will find that each and every member of society is having online social presence via different social networks such facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc. our parents, teachers, colleagues everyone is on social media. There is a need for a more evolved way of connecting which can help people easily segregate every relationship into different layers and give them a personal space to share with each of them and Vebbler claims to address this.
The UI and look-n-feel of Vebbler resemble of Google plus layout however the former is more intuitive and engaging and this is what a social network should have for its user base. Vebbler provides a ‘layered’ two-way relationship model as part of the ‘core user experience’ called as Crowd Layering Model and Vebbler is first social web startups in India designed on Crowd Layering Model (CLM).
There is also a growing echo among avid social media users that networks have become very impersonal, cluttered and privacy dead. As a product Vebbler offers an intimate, personal, clutter-free and privacy-aware platform to connect with the people who really matter. The portal has also launched a mobile-friendly version of Vebbler.
Vebbler launched into beta on July 23rd, 2013. Here’s a sneak peek into what makes Vebbler different from other products in the market:
- Social + Personal: In a big, open world of the Internet, here is a platform for you to connect with your true friends most valued relationships. If other networks are newspapers, Vebbler is more like a personal diary, a place where you can be yourself and express yourself freely.
- Relationships beyond Friends: Today, our parents, teachers, colleagues and even bosses are present on social media. There is a need for an evolved method of connecting, which can easily help a user to layer their friends and other relationships, such as workmates and family.
- Design by Discipline: A great product is not about what you make, it’s about how you present it’. With Clean typefaces, flat icons, simple two column layout and responsive photo galleries, Vebbler puts design at the heart of its user experience.
At launch, Vebbler will introduce with the following features:
- Clubs(for personal sharing): Clubs are a core element of Vebbler’s user experience. Today, two way relationships need to be layered in a seamless and user-friendly way. Clubs allows a user to add a person into different layers, such as friends, family, workmates and acquaintances. This enables a user to have an entirely separate space for sharing with each relationship.
- Followers (for public sharing): While keeping the closest 500 people in your Clubs, you can follow as many people you find interesting. This makes Vebbler a great platform for public conversations too, while keeping your private life intact.
- Bigger, Better Photos: Profile photos are big again and photographs are stored in high quality, making Vebbler a delightful platform for photographers and photography enthusiasts.
- ~Wavetags: Move over Hashtags. Now, start a ~Wave! Build conversations in real time, follow waves that interest you and see its popularity with the Wave-O-Meter.
- Search: Social search is beyond searching things by name. Searching interests, photos, waves and conversations around a particular topic creates a more intuitive search experience.
Vebbler is now have users from 51 countries and 370 cities and soon introduce new features such as – location-based sharing, automated and custom Clubs along with more features for photos.