On its 10th birthday (Sep.23) Google has come up with few more things other than the interesting Google TimeLine through one can see momentous events and updates in Google related History right from 1995 (when Larry meet Sergey) to 2008’s Google’s own Chrome Browser.
Google on its birthday is offering sharing in its own way with its dedicated URL – Project10tothe100.com through which everyone has been invited to share & submit their ideas to Google and then these ideas will shortlisted to 100 ideas and then will be asked to the public (on January 27 2009), to choose 20 semi-finalists. Then an advisory board will select up to 5 final ideas.
Google will give $10 million for selected idea and the last date for submitting ideas is October 20th 2008 and remember the criteria for ideas shortlisting as per google is;
- Reach: How many people would this idea affect?
- Depth: How deeply are people impacted? How urgent is the need?
- Attainability: Can this idea be implemented within a year or two?
- Efficiency: How simple and cost-effective is your idea?
- Longevity:How long will the idea’s impact last?